Saturday, May 30, 2020

More projects, more sewing, and two parties in May~by Beth

I can't actually believe all that we did this month.  We continued on with sewing lessons.  For Mother's Day I received some new pillows, but I also found some fabric I purchased for the girls to cover some pillows that we already have.  Jon also built a bookshelf for David for some his many books so they were off the two dressers in that room. I also was able to pick out my birthday gift of three crepe myrtle trees given to me from most of the family, which we planted.  You have to look hard for the one on the right.  Two are Sioux crepe myrtle which will look more like a tree, and the other is a smaller bush one that we planted in the front bed.



 Emma also was able to graduate.  The big church we were to have the service at was no longer available, so scrambling to find one, we were very blessed that The Cowboy Church and Pastor Frank Dana welcomed us in.  It was smaller than we hoped, but still was able to accommodate about 200 of our family and friends.  It was so great that these graduates could have their walk down to Pomp and Circumstance.









After graduation we also did a few more things at home to get ready for Emma's party next week.  Dave flew home from Texas and we got him going on pressure washing the driveway, paths and back steps.  We painted the dining room and the white bookshelf in there.  Jon built some corn hole boards and the girls painted them.  They did a fantastic job.  I bought some material for the bean bags and the children all sewed a few.  We filled them with the contents of our old bean bags (which are actually not beans but rubber pellets).  The whole thing turned out so great.





I have also been using my new Joanna Gaines cook book and making some of her marvelous recipes.  Last week I made her lemon pie again because it is sooooo good, only this time I put a meringue on the top.  It was excellent.  I want to make another one soon.
Katie hosted the birthday party for Christiana last weekend in Irving, Texas.  It was a 50's style party and they all looked so cute.


To close out the month we got together with some of our soccer families and had a little awards party.  The Grants hosted and Chuck pulled the tube behind his boat.  So fun.







No comments: