Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Spring Cleaning


I look out my windows and can hardly see glass, thanks to Caleb's great window washing effort. He spent about 5 hours today cleaning them. The screens are still drying, but they will soon be reinstalled and the widows finished for Joel's graduation. We have this week off school, even though the kiddos still have piano lessons, soccer practice, trips to the chiropractor after they were rearended last Friday, etc. I made a massive list of all the things that should be cleaned or fixed up before Joel's grad party May 17th. Today the walls were finished being washed by Caleb, Zach and David. Katie cleaned my computer and the desk area (I love how clean the keyboard keys feel) today. Yesterday we tackled the pantry. I reorganized and decluttered and she wiped off everything and every shelf. It sure looks nice. We also got our flower beds in front all weeded, new flowers planted and mulch layed. Caleb has been watering the dry grass too in hopes of getting it green again. I don't know how much more we will get done in the next two days of break. The little girls are looking forward to coloring Easter eggs Saturday. Dad comes home from Minnesota that day too. He left today so we are going to work as hard as we can to get it all done, or at least as much as possible. Wish it would stay this way until the party, but at least all of it will not get dirty, like the fans. How much dust can accumulate in 5.5 weeks? Caleb and Katie did those Monday and the glass on them just sparkles. I love a clean house!

No comments: