Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Something Else Happened On Tuesday

When the crew of children and I returned home from soccer practice last night we were blessed by a wonderful dinner prepared by Beth. It was enjoyed by all, and soon after it was over the phone rang. My sister, Lois, was on the other end. She informed me that our father had died just a few moments earlier. He had lived a long, full life. He had been declining for some time, but when he went into the hospital last Friday, the end came quickly. I had been to see him and my Mom just over a week ago. At that time I knew he was declining, and Lois had been keeping tabs on his health, so we knew his time was not long. It's just always a shock when it actually comes. It was providential that my brother and sister, Steve and Priscilla, were able to travel from the West Coast yesterday and arrive to see him just an hour before he died. They both were able to say good-bye to him in the final moments of his life here on earth. Our hope in the resurrection is that we will see him again someday in a better place, and in the presence of his and our Redeemer, the Lord Jesus Christ.

I have been privileged to be the son of Paul Philip Blikstad, and appreciate all the wonderful life lessons he has taught me. Blessed be his memory!

No comments: