Friday, November 27, 2009

A Field Trip~by Beth


I did it. I actually took the kiddos on a museum field trip this past week. I had tickets for our local hands-on museum and thought I better redeem them before time ran out. The above photo is of Emma doing a weather forecast. There is a closed circuit camera and tv that allows the children to see themselves doing the weather. Emma did a fine job. I helped her with placing all the icons for the different weather. It is quite unusual to have snow in Minnesota and a hurricane in the Gulf at the same time. The children also got to see gravity in motion with various tracks and balls, air, clouds, a thunderstorm, wind tunnel, and a live demonstration of feeding the sting rays. We also were able to get to a show that featured a python, some sort of frog, and an alligator which they all got to touch. Can anyone say "Hand Sanitizer?" We had a nice time and even stopped for a quick lunch on the way home.

No comments: