Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Some Unexpected Good News

While the news from the national front was not good for us personally, the news which came to me on Tuesday was totally unexpected and a cause for rejoicing. At Fort Myers Christian School (FMCS), we had an assembly where our Missions projects from each class were highlighted. At the end of the program our principal, Mr. Mitchell, announced there were special guests coming into our assembly to make a presentation. Five representatives entered the room from the Southwest Florida Christian Chamber of Commerce. They came to announce two of the top ten finalists for the Golden Halo Award. The Golden Halo Award is given to the top teacher in area Christian Schools. The Chamber included schools from Lee, Charlotte, Collier, Glades, and Hendry Counties. To my total surprise, one of our Second Grade Teachers, Lauren Collins, and I were chosen as two of the finalists!

Mr. Mitchell wrote us a very nice e-mail afterwards. In it he included these words:

"I have much more to say, and want to say, but I will keep this short for now - we are very proud of you! All I could think of is the awesome way that God confirms things: two teachers, months ago, facing whether or not they would have jobs for next year...I think this would be a sign that you are in God's will!"

No comments: