Saturday, March 23, 2019

Paint colors~by Beth

I got a question on the colors that we used.  We only use Sherwin Williams paint.  It covers well, doesn't smell, and we get a friends and family discount.  The Super paint is thicker and doesn't drip which is so helpful when you are trying not to have to clean up carpet or trim that got paint on it.  When this was the girls room we used a shade called Breathless.  Now that it is the boys room we went with the color Artistic Taupe, which has a kind of purple tint to it and matches the diamonds in the boys curtains.  The afternoon sun made it hard to see the match, but I assure you it is perfect.


In our room the previous color, called Livable Green, was a warmer shade of a sage.  With our quilt and some decor in there I went with a cooler color that matched better called Quietude, and I love it.  I did add about a pint size container of our trim color, which is Dover white, because I was concerned that it might be a tad too dark.  I love the color it came out.  I used some satin that I had used for the ceiling in the boys room.  But I usually use a semigloss for the trim.

No comments: