Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Israel 2016~by Beth

For the third time my mom took me on a trip to Israel.  My daughter Katie also joined us.  Here are just a few photos of our time from April 9-19.
Katie met me at my gate in Newark, NJ and we grabbed a Starbucks before joining our group

Ceasarea with palace ruins and the hippodrome on the right

Mom and Katie on our boat ride on the Sea of Galilee

Me at the front of the boat on the Galilee

First century boat found and petrified, called the Jesus boat

Everywhere we went flowers were abundant and beautiful
Ruins of a Roman city at Bet She'an
Cardo, Roman street, at Bet She'an
Cave at Qumran where early scrolls were found of the Bible
Dome of the Rock up on Temple Mount
Dome of the Tablets where archaeologists believe is the site of the Holy of Holies
Katie, Mom and me in front of the city of Jerusalem

Closed Eastern gate where Jesus will one day enter again

More of the beautiful flowers


Sculpture of Peter denying Christ outside the Church St Peter in Gallicantu


Window in a church along the Via Dolorosa of Christ before Pilate
sign in the garden of the tomb


sign on the back of the door in the tomb

View of the Dead Sea

Katie wading in the Dead Sea

Mom, me and Katie before touring Yad Vashem, the holocaust museum
There was a lot more to see, but this gives you an idea of some of the places we visited.

No comments: