Sunday, June 20, 2010

Father's Day 2010

Well, it was a great day to be a Dad. My wife was gracious enough to labor long and hard in order for me to enjoy plenty of good cooking and baking today. I was treated to a special breakfast full of fruits--my favorite. On the table was a nice Father's Day card from the children, and a balloon (which popped a little later) that said "World's Greatest Dad." We worshiped together, with Joel even showing up. With Katie here these two weeks, we had all of our children except Nathan and Hannah. Then, Sunday dinner was wonderful. Beth and the children made french toast and on it we put homemade strawberry and rhubarb sauce. That was yummy! Then to top it off, Beth and Katie had baked two pies, one strawberry and the other raspberry. Again, scrumptious! After evening church we even got a second helping of the pies! During the afternoon and into the evening (all around the evening service) we watched the U.S. Open from Pebble Beach. That was fun too.

On this day I cannot help but think of my Dad. I appreciate all that he was as a man and a Father. He means a great deal to me. At church this morning, in my remarks about Father's Day, I said that just about everything I am can be attributed to Dad and Mom. They had such a positive influence on my life. I am so grateful for the Godly heritage afforded me. The same is true of my Father and Mother-in-law. God has been good to give me a wife from another Godly family. May we be faithful to continue this heritage and pass it on to our children!

No comments: