Thursday, January 14, 2010

Adjectives~by Beth

Adjectives are describing words. They describe nouns like persons, places and things. I teach this part of speech many times in the early elementary grades. Emma, age 7 and in 2nd grade, is working on it right now in her English. She had some very nice adjectives for her nouns in yesterday's assignment. For cat she had white, small, cute. For dress she had soft, pretty, and colorful. Ah, nice words Em. For home she wrote warm, hard (?), big. For Father she wrote loving, strong, and working. Very nice! For Mother she wrote loving, pretty, old. WHAT?! OLD???!!! Emma, what do you mean old??? I have not even hit 50 yet!! But, it was an adjective. When I asked her what she meant, she said that she meant older. How come father was not the "old" one?? lol

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I loved this! I can just hear Emma say, " Mom, I meant older." She is so diplomatic, God bless her. And she is getting so tall! Miss all those little girls :) Dani Sue